Answered

Cut outs when playing Apple Dolby Atmos tracks

• 23 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I am trying to play spatial audio tracks (or Dolby Atmos) through the Sonos app with Apple Music (I am on a trial).

My setup

• Beam Gen 2 connected via ethernet cable to my router. It is also connected to my TV with an HDMI ARC cable but the TV is currently off.
  • 2 x Era 300 connected via 2.4G wirelessly to the same router the Beam is connected to.

I can get music to play for 10 or so seconds (I am testing with Abbey Road), the track plays fine and then cuts out and reverts to a non Atmos version (the Atmos logo disappears).

I wonder if it is a problem with Apple as I can play Atmos content through the TV on the Netflix app.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks,

Jason

icon

Best answer by jason_a69 24 August 2023, 03:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Does it make any difference if you keep the Beam completely wireless?

Does it make any difference if you keep the Beam completely wireless?

Same problem unfortunately. I restarted the Beam after I had pulled the ethernet cable out...and I also restarted the Era 300s to make sure.

Found the problem - Apple Music. My free trial was about to run out so no big deal...maybe they had an outage here in Taiwan.

Just started a free month trial with Amazon, I set that up and have played a few spatial audio tracks and they work flawlessly.

I plugged the ethernet cable back into the Beam and rebooted that and the Era 300 so I am back to where I was yesterday before the tracks cut out.