Skip to main content
Answered

Crackling sound with sub mini

• 22 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello Everyone,

I finally received my sub mini after a little while as I live in eastern europe. Hardreset has been necessary to detect the sub mini then everything was smooth. sub mini added to Beam + 2 SL one in surround mode.

Then I started playing music at a very decent volume (I’m working from home and kids were around) and the sub mini started crackling at level 0… I played anykind of tunes from deezer (rap, dubstep, dnb, rock) same results.

I gave it a try with a movie in dolby 5.1 (starwars) the very same.. I have no idea what to do.

I’m truly desperate, I was so impatient and enthousiatic but this is now ruined.

I checked the membranes, they look fine. I tried to call the sonos support service (I speak english and french) but 60 minutes waiting time with extra charge isn’t acceptable for me. I tried the chat, it’s still “pending” after 30 minutes.

Is there anyone with the same issue? What could be the reason? Should I return the sub mini?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you could provide

Edit: just to add that I have also disable “loudness” in equalizer params

Mod edit: moved 2nd post to end of 1st so you are still “in need of a reply”

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Sub Mini for a couple of minutes and move it to a different location in the room plugged into a different outlet.

EDIT: Try unplugging the Beam for a couple of minutes too.

Thanks I will definitely try this as soon as I'm back from work. I managed to contact the support by chat, they asked for a video, probably for an advanced diagnostic. I will keep you posted so it could help other users in the same situation 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Bonjour, 

faite de nouveau un reset du sub et essayez le avec seulement un one SL puis avec les SL en stéréo. si cela fait la même chose, j'ai bien peur que le sub-mini soit défectueux et qu'il fasse le remplacer (pas de chance).

unfortunalely the 2 proposals from @xav7814 and @GuitarSuperstar didn’t fix the pb. It’s crackling still. Of course I could lower the loudness but then what is the point since I don’t hear anybass as once enable the sub mini take over the bass sent by the beam.

I have submitted a video to SONOS support. So far no feedback but I start to be quite pessimistic.

You can watch it here https://easyupload.io/7e8j08

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Salut

Je viens d'écouter ta vidéo en effet on entend bien un son de plastique qui vibre.

Je pense que c'est un problème d'assemblage du caisson il faut que tu le retournes pour un échange.

Cordialement

Oui malheureusement je crois qu’on va en arriver là. J’attendrai tout de même le retour du support. Merci en tout cas d’avoir pris le temps de me lire et de chercher des solutions

Yes unfortunately I believe we are going there (returning the sub mini). I will still wait for the  support team to answer. Thank you anyway for taking the time to read me and to search for options

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

👍👍 bon courage ....

Just to provide an update for whoever will or already encounted the same problem. Sonos support acknowledged that the sub mini in my possession was defective and should be shipped back.

I just hope it isn’t a serial issue but an isolated incident.

Now as per my current location, I will probably have to wait for few weeks until I can enjoy bass :)=

Cheers to everyone !