Answered

Controlling Sonos Era 100 (x4) and Sonos Arc volume jointly

• 16 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello. Please help. What I want to accomplish is twofold:

1. Group all 4 speakers (2 next to TV and 2 in the back for surround), hopefully giving stereo/surround effect, and allow master volume to be consistently managed by TV remote. As of right now, my TV remote only controls the volume for my Sonos Arc and the two Era 100’s surround in the back of the room. I have to turn the volume of the Era 100’s (that are next to the TV) up and down in the app

2. Stream music, using Airplay at moment as I get used to setting up system, without compromising TV volume control when I switch back to TV. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 March 2024, 10:58

View original

1 reply

1. Is not possible using Sonos, as you would have to be using two Sonos ‘rooms’, and the TV remote would only be able to control the home theater ‘room’, which would consist of the Arc, two surround speakers, and a Sub (or two). The Arc already contains right, center and left channels, you can not use it as only a center channel. 

2. By ‘grouping’ the two rooms, any streamed music would play in sync. The TV input would be delayed by 75 ms on the non-home theater room, though.