Answered

Control Playbar with LG C1 Magic remot with Webos 03.21.05

• 23 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, Playbar (and surrounds) worked perfectly with my old LG TV. Now I am having problems with my new LG C1 TV with WebOS 03.21.05. I can get the sound out from the speakers but not able to control it with the Magic remote. I have to control the sound with Sonos mobile app. 

Question: How do I set up and control Playbar + surrounds with the Magic remote when having LG C1 TV with WebOS 03.21.05? All the quides seem to refer to older versions of LG/WebOS which have the Device Connector. 

icon

Best answer by James L. 24 January 2022, 10:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @EsaH,

In order for your Magic Remote to control the Playbar, it will need to emit IR signals.

If the current firmware doesn’t match the steps in the guides, you should get in touch with LG to find out how to re-enable IR via the new firmware.

If they’re able to assist, it would be very useful to know the steps needed so other community members may be helped in the future.