Question

Constant issues with Arc plus Sonos One SL

• 14 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

Please forgive the spelling above!

I am having constant issues with my arc and surround from my SL’s. 

I connect it the arc and then the SL’s and there are constant issues. Sometimes they work sometimes they don’t. Then they connect for surround then the app doesn’t recognise them. It’s been a pretty painful experience so far to be honest! 

Another strange issue is that I can only connect my system when my phone is on the 5G band of my router and the app is on the 2.4G. If my phone is on the 2.4G the same as the Sonos then it’s doesn’t work. I’ve tried connecting one speaker to my router. I’ve tried re setting everything and starting afresh probably 50 times. I’ve read threads and gone through everything on the Sonos help and advice. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? All I want is my arc to work with the SL’s as surround! 

Very much a first world problem but a frustrating one nonetheless!

cheers

Tom 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @tomkelly87.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

To verify, you are experiencing the issue with the surround speakers, when they’re not working are they missing from the Sonos app?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.