Connection problems with FeinTech VAX04101

• 4 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey Guys

I recently bought the FeinTech VAX04101 bridge to connect my ATV to the Sonos Arc to enjoy Dolby Atmos. Now the problem is, after starting a movie it plays the sound for around 30 seconds. After this time the movie continue to play but without sound. I tried this on AppleTV, Netflix, Disney+ and Apple Music. The funny thing is, its just when the playback is set to Atmos. When its e.g. PCM 5.1 there is no problem with the playback. I already reset my whole Sonos system and also my ATV. I already changed all HDMI cables with new ones but still no effect on it. Somebody has maybe any advice what i could do or check? My setup: LG HU85LS Beamer (only ARC HDMI supported) , Apple TV, Feintech VAX04101, Sonos Arc, 2x Sonos ONE SL and a Sonos Sub.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

@Ken_Griffiths seems to have had success with the FeinTech device. Maybe he can assist you.

If not, the HDFury Arcana seems to be the most reliable eARC adapter available. I use the Arcana with my old TV and it works great.

@Ken_Griffiths seems to have had success with the FeinTech device. Maybe he can assist you.

If not, the HDFury Arcana seems to be the most reliable eARC adapter available. I use the Arcana with my old TV and it works great.

Thanks for your opinion with the Arcana. I had it before but send it back because it was also not working properly. I had always to disconnect and reconnect the cables on startup. Then i saw some reviews on the FeinTech and i was thinking give it a try. 

I’m not sure I can help here, even though I use a Feintech VAX04101 as I do not have an Apple TV 4K that would be sending McPCM uncompressed audio/Atmos audio to the soundbar. In my own case I use the switch/extractor with a FireTV 4K and a Nvidia Shield TV and those each play the various Atmos music and Movie services just fine, but obviously for Movies I’m using DD+ Atmos rather than McPCM. 

Not had any problems with the switch/extractor which is simply set to 7.1 sound output with eArc enabled. My own thoughts are to perhaps try different HDMI cables between the devices (if not tried already). I understand that Feintech customer support are very helpful too, so maybe drop them an email and see if they can suggest anything further to try.

I’m not sure I can help here, even though I use a Feintech VAX04101 as I do not have an Apple TV 4K that would be sending McPCM uncompressed audio/Atmos audio to the soundbar. In my own case I use the switch/extractor with a FireTV 4K and a Nvidia Shield TV and those each play the various Atmos music and Movie services just fine, but obviously for Movies I’m using DD+ Atmos rather than McPCM. 

Not had any problems with the switch/extractor which is simply set to 7.1 sound output with eArc enabled. My own thoughts are to perhaps try different HDMI cables between the devices (if not tried already). I understand that Feintech customer support are very helpful too, so maybe drop them an email and see if they can suggest anything further to try.

Hey Ken

Thanks for your fast reply. I now also reached out to the FeinTech customer support with the hope that they maybe have an idea about that problem.  

Hey Ken

Thanks for your fast reply. I now also reached out to the FeinTech customer support with the hope that they maybe have an idea about that problem.  

Hey Ken

The FeinTech Support gave me a Downloadlink for the latest FW. Now everything is working properly. Here is the link if somebody else maybe have that problem also: https://blog.feintech.eu/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/VAX04101A_Firmware-3.00.22.zip