Skip to main content

I do have a beam gen 2 , sub mini and 2 x Era100 which I use as surround.

Lately I noticed that there are connection issues like  when watching a movie the sound is totally lost from all speakers for about a second and  continues like every minute which annoys me when watching a movie.

Recently it went worse and sound stopped totally when watching movie on apple TV ( Netflix)  and never came back until I switched to TV then closed the TV and open again. This happened also a few times but I really don’t know the reason.

My modem is in the same room with my setup, don’t think there is anything wrong with the wifi.

Any of you facing same issues ?

Can you please check my post here: 

thanks , will  try to reboot when I get back home.

hope this works , it is very annoying to watch TV like this

Hi again ,

did try reboot yesterday but didnt change.

I always watch Netflix via apple TV 4K and yesterday I also tried to watch it via the TV’s app and it was just fine, no connection issues etc.

but I dont understand why I do have this issue when using apple TV.

this is realy annoying, apple TV is much easier to handle  

What model TV do you have?

LG 65CS6

LG 65CS6

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the Apple TV to the TV.

And set the TV to these settings (if available):

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

thanks for above, will try to do it tomorrow and will share the result

Try switching off CEC control on any other device connected to the other HDMI ports. When disabled just leave CEC running on the TV and Beam. Note when switching off CEC on Apple TV you will need to power-cycle that device. In fact I recommend power-cycling the TV and all it’s connected products after sorting out the CEC issues. 

COPIED.

well, didnt work for me , still have issues when using apple TV.

sound doesnt cut when using TV’s , annoying because I want to use apple TV 

well, didnt work for me , still have issues when using apple TV.

sound doesnt cut when using TV’s , annoying because I want to use apple TV 

On the Apple TV, if you set the Change Format audio setting to ON and set the Audio Format to Dolby Digital 5.1, do you experience the same issue?