Skip to main content
Question

Connecting soundbar to SYLVOX Outdoor TV

• 10 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I recently purchased a Sylvox outdoor TV and am having issues connecting a Sonos soundbar to the TV. I have tried connecting my Beam (through HDMI) and my Ray (Optical Digital) and neither works. I currently have my Ray connected with optical digital. Within the app I have TV Autoplay enabled for this speaker. When I select ‘TV Setup’ I am told to connect the optical digital. When I click continue, the app says ‘checking connection’ and comes back with an error saying ‘no signal detected’. When I connect the two devices, I first plugged into TV, and before plugging into soundbar I confirmed the TV is sending a signal (red light). Any suggestions? I will be bummed if I am unable to connect these devices. The sound from this TV is not great. 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Have you looked at the sound settings for the TV? Make sure HDMI ARC island CEC is on

Thank you for response. I was finally able to get this to work in a round about way. We have an Apple TV connected to the TV. We do not use the built in Smart interface within the TV. I found a setting in the Apple TV which allowed me to choose which speaker to play sound out of. I deselected the TV and selected the specific soundbar. Now it all works! 

Appreciate your response Pools-3015!

If you were using a brand new optical cable, make sure you take the little caps off the ends or the signal won’t be detected.