Answered

connecting sonos ray to TV ARC

• 16 December 2022
  • 6 replies

I was given a Sonos ray by a family member no cables, it only has optical output , my Samsung TV only has HDMI ports, can I use the Sonos optical to HDMI adapter that you can buy. Thanks

icon

Best answer by jgatie 16 December 2022, 02:37

View original

6 replies

That adapter converts optical to ARC, not ARC to optical.

@Tchotchke,
What is the model of the Samsung TV?

There are TV HDMI-ARC audio extractors to convert the audio to Optical. A quick search of Amazon should find such devices

One such example I stumbled upon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extractor-Converter-Optical-Splitter-Gray-metal-shell/dp/B09173FVNQ

Thank you Ken for your reply,  I  took the tv down off the wall with some help instead of a sideways look at the ports and found one hidden by cables . Off to buy an optical cord now . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thank you Ken for your reply,  I  took the tv down off the wall with some help instead of a sideways look at the ports and found one hidden by cables . Off to buy an optical cord now . 

The Ray comes with an optical cable.

I was not the original owner, it was given to me without any cords, optical cord isn’t dear to buy, was thankful for the gift

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

For future readers: the optical connection on the Ray is an input, not an output.