Skip to main content

I am trying to connect a Sonos Arc wirelessly to a network with an Asus XD5 Router with mesh hotspots.

I tried turning off Airtime fairness on both 2.4 & 5.0 GHz bands. I tried creating separate networks for both bands. I even tried to disable 802.11ax. I ran through all other troubleshoots on the community board. None of these options ended up working.

I connected a Sonos Amp with Architectural Speakers seamlessly, although the Amp had a hardwired ethernet connection.

Is the only option to connect to this network via a hardwired ethernet connection?

I am having the same issue connecting an Arc to Asus Zen WiFi AX. I tried most of these and still won’t connect.  I can see in WiFi devices but Sonos says there are no devices installed.  

any other ideas are appreciated 

To @GMalstrom and @Larry03 

Make sure “Enable Wifi” is checked under the Arc.

FYI, I’m running an Asus AI Mesh using three (3) ZenWiFi Pro ET12’s in standard configuration using the AI Mesh setup application provided by Asus. I have 31 Sonos units all on WiFi including three (3) Arc’s with sub and surrounds. I might also add that I’m connecting the AI Mesh via an Ethernet Backhaul as opposed to Wireless. 

I can get the Sonos Arc to install then the Sonos app says it can’t find any devices. When I play thru Spotify the Arc shows up as an unnarmed device but not in Sonos. Any ideas

Sounds like you may have two networks. One of your units may be broadcasting its own WiFi. Check your phone’s WiFi to see if you see more than one network in your home.