Answered

Connecting ARC to Amp from sharing content from TV

• 4 August 2021
  • 4 replies

All,

I have a Sonos ARC connected to my TV. I use an Apple TV box to stream SiriusXM, Pandora and other music services to my TV, which then is heard through the ARC. What I want to be able to do is also stream to my Amp, which runs speakers on my patio so I hear the stream from the AppleTV box on both systems. 

I saw the concept of grouping, however it seems there must be 3 Sonos products to build a group?

Any advice is welcome, please!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 August 2021, 22:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

All,

I have a Sonos ARC connected to my TV. I use an Apple TV box to stream SiriusXM, Pandora and other music services to my TV, which then is heard through the ARC. What I want to be able to do is also stream to my Amp, which runs speakers on my patio so I hear the stream from the AppleTV box on both systems. 

I saw the concept of grouping, however it seems there must be 3 Sonos products to build a group?

Any advice is welcome, please!

Nope.  Only 2 rooms needed for a group.  Not sure where you heard of 3.

On my app (iPhone) when I go to “Settings > System”, Groups is grayed out and when touched says “This feature is only available on systems with three or more rooms”. I only have two - “Living Room” (the ARC) and “Patio” (which are the speakers powered by the Sonos AMP)…..

On my app (iPhone) when I go to “Settings > System”, Groups is grayed out and when touched says “This feature is only available on systems with three or more rooms”. I only have two - “Living Room” (the ARC) and “Patio” (which are the speakers powered by the Sonos AMP)…..

That’s a ‘very slightly’ different thing and is more to do with providing names to groups to make it easier for a user to select a whole bunch of rooms with one ‘click’ in the System/Rooms Tab. You only need one ‘click’ (selection) anyway with just two Sonos Rooms. So goto the Tab and select the grouping icon on a room and hit the check box to group it with the other room you have, as shown in this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391

Thanks! That’s exactly what I needed!