Answered

Connect Sonos Arc to conventional amplifier

• 11 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Good morning,

I would like to know if there is a way to connect my Sonos Arc (already connected wirelessly to a TV)  to a conventional amplifier (Cambridge CXA80, wired to conventional speakers) in a way that I can play music (i.e. from a digital source such a NAS) to simultaneously the wired speakers and the Sonos Arc.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 January 2024, 14:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

No, this isn’t possible. But you could connect a Sonos Port to one of the audio inputs on the CXA80 and stream music on the Arc and CXA80 at the same time.

And here’s an article on how you can use the NAS with Sonos:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/use-a-nas-drive-with-sonos

Thank you for the prompt response! So with the Sonos port I could make the music sound simultaneously in both equipments right? Maybe with a risk of lack of sync?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Should be no loss of sync on Sonos part but you may need to tweak the settings on the CXA80 to minimize any internal delays.

Different manufacturers use different names, Pure Direct, Direct, something similar that removes the internal delay causing processing.