Question

Connect Sonos and AppleTV (4thGen) to TV (no toslink, only inputs...?)

• 1 October 2016
  • 3 replies

My TV does not have toslink nor outputs, only HDMI and inputs. I used to have the AppleTV (3rdGen) connected to my PlayBar through toslink, and my AppleTV connected to my TV through HDMI, and everything worked great.
I just recently purchased the AppleTV(4thGen), however it does not have a Toslink, so now I could not connect my Sonos to the system. Therefore, I purched the SonoConect to see if I could get creative and find a way to connect everything....... but I cant find a way.

Please help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What's available will depend on your country. For example search Amazon for "HDMI audio extractor".
Thanks a lot!
Can you tell me the specific device i need to purchase?
Unless you want it for some other reason, return the CONNECT for refund. It won't help this situation at all.

What you need is an HDMI audio extractor. This will strip the audio from the ATV's HDMI and output it on TOSLINK (as well as sending the HDMI on to your TV obviously). They come in various flavours, some supporting a single device and some containing an HDMI switch to support multiple devices.