Answered

Connect Beam to projector and Mac

• 13 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I would like to connect Sonos Beam gen2 to a Mac and projector. The projector has two HDMI sockets. Ideally I would like to hide the HDMI cable in the wall, using HDMI modules that I fix to the wall. So in end I’ll connect a HDMI cable to the module and the beam, in the other end I connect a HDMI cable to the module and the projector. 

• If I connect one HDMI cable from the projector to the Beam for sound, and another one from the projector to the laptop for visuals, will that work? 
  • I guess I can’t use standard HDMI modules like this, I need Arc, is that correct? Do you know of any modules that work with HDMI arc/Beam?

Many thanks,

Henrik

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 13 March 2023, 09:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Beam does need HDMI-ARC to work. Since ARC uses different pins in the HDMI connector, you can't use normal HDMI connections on your projector or TV. Most projectors do not do ARC. Does yours?

If I read your link well, the system you've chosen the module from transports HDMI via network cables?

The specs of the module do say HDMI 1.4, which does, I think, mean they are HDMI-ARC capable. Please check with the manufacturer.

The data sheet attached to your link does say it features Audio Return Channel, so this looks fine.