Question

cannot connect Sub and base

• 17 October 2020
  • 7 replies

After numerous attempts to connect both Sub and base to Sonos app In my system using both Wi-Fi and Ethernet, Both are not found by this new but poorly researched app.

i am technically literate and this new app does not support these items, no matter what you have said 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @verrol, thank you for reaching us out and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us your concern and for providing your feedback. Let me help you with this.

First, I'd like to ask a few questions and will give some suggestions on what you can follow.

1. Are you using an iOs or Android device? What is the model and software version for compatibility check?
2. Have you tried a different controller when adding your Sub and Base?

Please submit a diagnostic report from your system to check what's going on and provide us your full network setup including the make and model for each device.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. We'll wait for your reply.

Hi 

Thanks for the response, I am using IOS 13.6.1 

I have used both IPad and IPhone, as controllers. I have deleted and reinstalled the Sonos App over 3 times on each device, I have restarted each device several time’s also.

I will submit a diagnostics report, but neither device is   Actually included in my system.

I look forward to your reponse

Regards

Verrol

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @verrol, thank you for your quick response and for letting us know what you have done so far.

Both of your iPhone and iPad software versions are compatible with Sonos.
When you tried to add your Playbase and the Sub, did you get an error message on the Sonos app?

I'd appreciate it if you can provide us the diagnostic report confirmation numbers for me to check them since we don't have access to your system. Also, it would be a great help if you can provide your network setup with the make and model of each device. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi,

I was getting set up successful on SONOS SUB and message was sub was successfully added to your WIFI network.

however it did not and won’t show up on system settings, even after powering down and restarting.

the playbase did not show up at all when adding new product from system settings.

I am using WiFi network with 2.5 and 5ghz transmission, with extra nodes for boosted coverage and consistent speed.

i have 3 x PlayOnes with 1 setup with Alexa , and 2 x Play Threes , these have been setup successfully in the Sonos App.

diag report 2105156900

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @verrol, thank you for your response and for providing the diagnostic report. Let me check it for you.

Upon checking the report, the Playbase and Sub are both online and getting a different IP address with your other Sonos speakers. This is the reason they are not showing in the Sonos app. Your Play 1's, Play 3's and Ones are connected to your wireless extender.

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you.

1. Disconnect WiFi extenders from the power to ensure that your Sonos will connect to your main router.
2. Change the SSID or WiFi name of the extender. Sonos will only connect to the recognized network. If your main router and WiFi extenders have the same SSID, Sonos will connect to it.
3. Wire one of your speakers to your router via ethernet cable. SonosNet is recommended to broadcast the same wireless signal to your other speakers.
4. If you have access to your router settings, below are the settings that need to be verified. You can contact your Interner Service Provider or router manufacturer for assistance.

• The auto channel must be set to Off
  • Choose the best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)
  • Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz
  • Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled
  • UPnP should be enabled
  • 802.11 bands should be set to b/g/n
  • Airtime Fairness should be disabled (if applicable)

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and submit another diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Thank you again for the detailed response.

I had done much of what you advised, but due to my home being full IOT enabled devices, this was just a circle of resetting, reconnecting other devices.

so I have opted for Sonos Boost to camp my speakers

All the best 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @verrol, thank you for your update.

If you encounter any issues, just submit a diagnostic and let us know the confirmation number for us to check what’s going on.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. 

The Sonos Community is always here to help.