Answered

Can you use a Playbase with a Move 2 as a Sub

• 21 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I currently own a Sonos Move 2 and have connected it via Line-In to my TV, luckily my TV lets me account for audio delay so, after setting it to 75ms, I can use the Move 2 as a TV speaker, now my question would be that if I were to buy a Playbase and group them together (if possible), if I could use both devices without latency/ added latency that I can't account for, as well as if I can use the Move 2 as a Sub, by f.e turning the Treble down/ Bass Up.

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 21 March 2024, 23:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi

Once again Sonos has proved its versatility given the fact that you are able to you use your Move2 as an TV speaker. There shouldn’t be a delay as the TV sees the Move2 as an external speaker (direct connection) that is not trying to process L/C/R channels. The delay occurs when a Sonos soundbar is connected via HDMI (or Optical) and a non-associarted Sonos speaker is “grouped” to the that soundbar. 

Obviously you must have an option to purchase a Playbase as the product has been discontinued for several years. Neither the Playbase; nor any Sonos soundbar can send low-end information to a Move2 the same as it would to a Sonos Sub. Sonos is not that versatile. 

If you continue down this path you WILL experience a delay regardless of how well your TV can compensate for such. I fully doubt your TV will send audio to a Playbase and a secondary external speaker connected via line-in. Typically (in the TV sound menu) you must select where the audio is sent which is usually a singularly discrete path.

So to your question...”can (you) use the Move 2 as a Sub, by f.e turning the Treble down/ Bass Up.”….the answer is “no”.