Answered

Can you connect an amp, ray, and sub mini in a single room?

• 2 June 2023
  • 7 replies

I am trying to connect an amp, ray, and a sub mini all in the same room wirelessly, but every time I connect the ray or amp, it just makes a new room, but I want it all to be all connected.

Any help?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 June 2023, 04:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

You’re using the Amp to drive surround speakers? You need to set it up as another ‘room’ first, then add it as ‘add surround’ in the controller for the Ray’s room. You should be able to ‘add a Sub” to the Ray in a similar manner, it doesn’t need to be set up first, though. 

If you’re not using the Amp to drive surround speakers, then no, it can’t be in the same ‘Sonos room’, but they can be in the same physical room. You’ll get a slight delay between them and the Ray when playing something from the TV when they’re grouped, but if streaming music, they’ll be in sync. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are you trying to set up a 5.1 system, with Amp driving the rear speakers? Or do have Amp driving a stereo pair of speakers? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Bruce types faster than me. 

Sheer luck ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sheer luck ;)

Nope: I’m a slow typist. 

You’re using the Amp to drive surround speakers? You need to set it up as another ‘room’ first, then add it as ‘add surround’ in the controller for the Ray’s room. You should be able to ‘add a Sub” to the Ray in a similar manner, it doesn’t need to be set up first, though. 

If you’re not using the Amp to drive surround speakers, then no, it can’t be in the same ‘Sonos room’, but they can be in the same physical room. You’ll get a slight delay between them and the Ray when playing something from the TV when they’re grouped, but if streaming music, they’ll be in sync. 

I do want to create a surround sound system, but I would like the amp to be the rear speakers because they are behind the seating. So, I would like for the ray to be the driving speaker.

Userlevel 7

@coolycarrots Add the Amp as surrounds to the Ray by following these instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater