Skip to main content
Answered

Cable HDMI ultra high speed en Arc + Tv Philips the one 2023

• 6 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello.

I have recently bought a new TV Philips 55pus8818 the one  2023.
I have previously connected my Sonos Arc+2 One SL+ mini sub audio home theater to my old Philips television that did not have eARC without any problem.

Right now with my new television I get the following message:

“Your HDMI audio system supports eARC, we recommend that you use ultra high speed cable to play high bit rate audio via HDMI 2 (eARC) output.”

Is the ultra high speed hdmi cable supplied by Sonos with Arc ?

Assuming it's only high speed If I change this cable for an ultra high speed one, Will I have better audio apart from not getting this message anymore?

Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The HDMI cable that comes with the Arc is sufficient. It will give you the highest quality audio from the Arc. You do not need to purchase a new cable.

I’ve never seen this type of message from any other TV manufacturer (and it must be a pure coincidence that Philips happens to be one of the only TV manufacturers who also makes cables).  😆

I’ve never seen this type of message from any other TV manufacturer (and it must be a pure coincidence that Philips happens to be one of the only TV manufacturers who also makes cables).  

Hello.
I send you pictures so that it is the first time you see this. First photo always shows it when you turn on the tv and second photo when you do a complete diagnosis tv. 
Thanks.