Answered

Buzzing noise with Sonos Beam

• 14 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone, 

I hope someone can help with this annoying issue I have with my beam. 

I had it for less than 3 months and first 2 months, it worked perfectly fine. A monrh ago it started producing a loud buzzing noise that is only present when something is being played, could be anything from a youtube clip to a netflix movie. Same issue always. 

It is very disruptive and it is actually louder than the sound of the media being played so using when it makes this noise is impossible. 

The noise went away for two days after a firmware update but came back after 2 days. Rebooting only solves rhe problem for an hour or two then it comes back. 

No changes to my setup since owning it e.g. router is still 1 meter away and no new devices have beem connected. 

It is vert disappointing as I paid a lot of money for this thing and now it is useless in just 3 months . I hope there is a solution otherwise I might have to return it. 

Does any know what is wrong or how to resolve this issue? 

Confirmation of diagnostic number is: Your confirmation number is: 1825346122

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 November 2020, 01:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Interesting - I have been experiencing a less vicious variant on my Beam - a buzzing / rasping noise at slightly higher volume with higher-end e.g. nasal voices or tinny music.  Almost high end distortion.  Connected to LG OLED and running PCM but also happens when streaming music so doesn’t look like LG-related.  V annoying as not sure how to fix...

@paulmack 

I found out on the internet that a lot of people experienced similar problem with the change to the S2 app. 

Good news is that there is a solution. All you need to do is reboot to factory settings and set up as a new device again using the S2 app. I did it today and it worked .. hopefully it stays that way. 

With the TV is switched on and the sounbar is switched on (they are connected optically) there is a buzzing. The sub is also connected wirelessly. When the TV is switched off there is still a buzzing - until the bar is switched off.

It currently means we can’t really watch any films usuing the sonos system. Any ideas please?

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this buzzing issue, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

I have submitted a diagnosis report but am having difficulties speaking to an agent? What should I do??

“ or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.‘?

Same issue. Diagnostic