Answered

Buzzing noise from sub?

• 4 March 2022
  • 5 replies

I have a playbar and a sonus sub gen 2. Been working like a dream for years. The other day I noticed that the sub seems to be making a slight buzzing noise. 

I have unplugged it and plugged it in from the mains and the disconnected the power lead. Any help or advice guys please?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 March 2022, 05:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried moving the Sub to a different location? Is it possible that anyone in your house could have put something in the Sub like a small toy?

Does the buzz level track the Volume setting?

The buzzing noise is present when the sub is on. When I turn sub off from the app the buzzing turns off. I have moved it closer to playbar but not made a difference. 

I’m not sure what you mean by “turn sub off from the app” because it is not possible to power down SUB using the SONOS controller.

Does the level of the buzz change with the Volume control? What is the source of your audio?

Userlevel 7

I’m not sure what you mean by “turn sub off from the app” because it is not possible to power down SUB using the SONOS controller.

He is disabling the Sub under Sub Audio setting.

@Aaftab.Mughal I would contact Sonos Support:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact?language=en_US