Skip to main content
Question

Bluetooth support for ultimate immersive set

• 11 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Sonos newbie here...have ultimate immersive set (arc/sub3 and 2x era 300s) connected to tv via arc/hdmi.  Everything is connected in Sonos app and working together as specific room setup.  I’ve also separately been able to conf bluetooth pairing on each of the era 300s to other bt devices.

I’m hoping there is a way to (some other device like Sonos connect or port?) to connect other devices (pc/laptop/phone) to output sound to the entire immersive set?  Hopefully something which allows bluetooth stream inputs which then would output to the entire immersive set?

Thanks! 

2 replies

The Roam and the Move gen 2 are Sonos devices that will take a stereo Bluetooth signal and share that with any room in a Sonos system. 

Thanks Bruce!  Appreciate the feedback.  I went and bought a Roam 2 and this did in fact solve that challenge.  However I should elaborate that this process was not simple.  I had to bring roam 2 online in app, do initial code update.  Roam wouldn’t connect to my immersive set though all on same router/wifi frequency/channel.  Tried factory reset and re-add in app and no luck.  Found other post which described the ultimate fix.  In S2 app, had to select the “search for updates” (and of course I had just updated code on all the other speakers just days before during initial setup) and my Immersive set all (flashing orage) downloaded new updates.  Once my ultimate immersive set was updated (took about 5+ min)...suddenly I could play bluetooth source to Roam 2 and then add successfully to other set.