Skip to main content
Answered

Best position for my Beam

• 20 September 2023
  • 2 replies

I am contemplating changing my LED TV which is located on a TV cabinet for a projector which would be mounted from the Ceiling.

This would mean repositioning my Beam due to no longer using a cabinet which is located on the floor.

Can the Beam be mounted on a separate wall to that of the projector and the projector screen and slightly out of view to the seating ? or does it need to be mounted on the same wall as the screen ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You can mount the Beam wherever you want, but ideally it should be mounted on the same wall and centered with the screen.

Yes, but then wiring becomes an issue. If you have the Beam using ARC or eARC, getting that signal from your projector (where it is created, if it is at all) could be challenging.

My recommendation is always, projector or not, to have the Beam on the same wall as the main screen. Your mind expects that. And you’ll still end up with potential wiring issues. Sonos just doesn’t make a home theater solution designed for projector use.