Answered

Benefit To Wiring Amp To Sonos Arc?

• 2 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey Everyone,

I’ve got a Sonos Arc with a sub and Sonos AMP connected to ceiling speakers.

The AMP and Sub are very close by to the Sonos Arc. Is there any benefit in putting an ethernet cable in between the Sonos ARC and AMP? Neither are connected directly to a router as I have another speaker wired to the router in another room to create SonosNet.

I’d assume putting a cable in between the Sonos ARC and Amp would make it more reliable as the home theatre setup doesn’t need to communicate over Wifi.

icon

Best answer by M B 2 July 2022, 18:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I do not believe there is any benefit. A hardline is always better than wireless.   If it’s simple enough it couldn’t hurt.  I wouldn’t if it’s not simple. Being your equipment is in close proximity to one another. And seems to work without issues now.

As I understand the ARC connects to sonosnet and the AMP and SUB are a slave to that arc once bonded.  Communication to the slaves is done via a 5G network created by the ARC.  This is my understanding. Hopefully accurate.