Answered

Beam, Roku, dvd and 1 HDMI

• 18 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Please be gentle, Tech challenged here.

I have a smart TV, but an older model. It has 1 HDMI port. I have a SONOS Beam connected to the arc port. Roku is running on the HDMI port. I have a blue ray player with HDMI cable. How do I connect it to the tv so sound can play through the Beam without having to unplug cables?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 18 April 2023, 20:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

TV has just one HDMI port?  The ARC port is generally considered an HDMI port, so I’m not sure if you one or two?

If you have two, the you could use an HDMI switch for you roku and blueray player with your Beam always connected.

If there is just one port (HDMI-ARC) then you would need a HDMI switch that is ARC capable.

It seems unlikely to me that a TV would have a single HDMI port, and that port would be either ARC or eARC. What make and model is it, this ‘smart TV’?

If there is only a single HDMI port, the suggestions made by @melvimbe above are excellent.