Answered

Beam plus single One SL for TV

• 13 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I was able to move my Beam to another room/TV.  I have a single Sonos ONE SL speaker I’d like to operate with the Beam as a “group” so I can place the One SL near a chair where the user is sitting.  (This is in a room for an elderly person with poor hearing.)

I was able to create “group” with the 2 and that works.  The volume control on the TV remote is tuned to the Beam, but the volume of the One SL can only be controlled through the app.  Is there any way to get the One SL volume to “slave” to the Beam volume control?

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 13 May 2021, 23:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Starting with the obvious: is the One muted? Have you got the volume turned up for both speakers? Can you get music playing to both and it’s only the tv input that’s failed? 

Sorry @nik9669a for not properly finishing my question...Now I have.  The issue is volume sync control with a remote vs app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

No, not possible. It’s only the home theatre devices that can be controlled by the tv remote. The One will have to use the app.