Beam & One SL speakers are beeping and muting non stop

• 5 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

About a week ago my beam and two One SL speakers started to randomly mute on and off while watching TV. Now even when the TV is off I will hear beeping from the beam (it sounds like someone taping on an app key board). We will watch tv for an hour or so with no issue but the muting and beeping will start again. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

4 replies

That sure seems like a case of wifi interference of some kind, leaking in to the Beam. The next time it happens, submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Does the sound still occur if you remove the HDMI cable from the TV? - I assume you are using the Arc connection, rather than the Optical adapter? If the issue stops, then perhaps next go onto try a different HDMI cable that is 1.4+ compatible (with HEAC support), which you will know just from the fact the TV sound will still work.

If the problem returns, then it might be an issue with the TV perhaps, or one if it’s other connected devices, but try powering that off for a good three minutes or so to drain all power from its circuits and remove anything else connected to its ports and then try it again with just the Beam attached.

Unfortunately I’m continuing to get interference on my sound bar. Diagnostics report number is 548599402. Can someone please investigate? Thank you 

Unfortunately I’m continuing to get interference on my sound bar. Diagnostics report number is 548599402. Can someone please investigate? Thank you 

I would perhaps contact Sonos Support Staff using the link provided in @Airgetlam’s post above. They will need to review your diagnostic report and you can perhaps explain in detail what interference you are experiencing with your Beam.