Answered

beam gen 2 sounds muffled

Hi everyone, 

I have an issue with my beam (gen 2) and I have no clue what to do, I connected it to my TCL tv with the supplied HDMI cable, and the audio sounded crispy, and then I realized it frequently goes bad... 

everything is good and the sound is clear and then it becomes muffled for short time(like someone put it in a box) and clears up again, 

this happens really frequently and hard to keep track of, I tried sending a recording to support and they said they couldn't hear anything wrong…

what can I do? this is annoying and nothing helps... 

I tried factory reset and connecting using optical cable…

The audio is good till 0:08 and turns good again at 0:25

i uploaded the audio clip to http://sndup.net/gnn6

(googled anonymous audio upload)

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 May 2024, 01:23

View original

4 replies

The next time it happens, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it. Normally speaking, it shouldn’t be doing that, which makes me suspect the signal from the TV set. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

The next time it happens, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it. Normally speaking, it shouldn’t be doing that, which makes me suspect the signal from the TV set. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

it happens all the time like 10 times an hour at random intervals 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

it happens all the time like 10 times an hour at random intervals 

You won’t have too long to wait before generating the diagnostics report then. 

Sonos support told me to talk with TCL support to try and change the audio formats