Answered

Beam Gen 2 Upgrade or HDFury Arcana

• 27 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

About 3 months ago, Xfinity upgraded my DVR to their 4K Cloud box.  Since then, I’ve had lip sync issues on my Beam Gen 1.  I have been using eArc on my 2020 Sony Android TV.  Content from the TV Apps does not have the lip sync problem.  So it’s definitely a sourcing issue (I think).

I use the Xfinity box for almost all content.  I wrote to HDFury, with my specs and they claim the Arcana will fix this.  Then I just have to learn how to adjust the volume with the remote, since the Beam won’t be talking directly to the TV eArc CEC., as I understand it.

I read that the Beam Gen 2 has a faster processor, but if my eArc is not sending the signal fast enough, I’m not sure how that could help.

If given a choice between upgrading the Beam Gen 2 or buying the Arcana, which is the choice to solve the problem?  

BTW, I have two Ones for Surround.  

icon

Best answer by MSterling 27 November 2022, 19:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you set your TV to these settings, do you still have lip sync issues?

eARC: Off

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital

Pass Through Mode: Auto

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I’ve made the changes you indicated.  None of them were as you indicated.  I’m watching the set now.  So will see if this fixes it and update you.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I’ve made the changes you indicated.  None of them were as you indicated.  I’m watching the set now.  So will see if this fixes it and update you.  

@GuitarSuperstar OMG !!! .  After 4-5 hours of shows, including the local news, the lip sync problems have yet to reappear. !!   I had search this community for solutions and until your response I had never checked these settings.  I was advised by Crutchfield for a few others to no avail.  And went through several Xfinity forums looking for answers.   The only setting not requiring change was the : Auto 1.    I’ll mark this Best EVER Answer by this evening.