Skip to main content

My Beam Gen 2 always disconnects when I turn the tv off, when I turn the tv back on and try connect the been through the app, it thinks the device is not connected to the tv. I have to unplug and plug the hdmi back into the tv (sometimes numerous times) for it to connect again. Can someone please help so I don’t have to try chase up a refund 

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV?

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure CEC is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

I have an Apple TV, and Xbox connected to the tv. 

Does this solution fix the issue permanently?

I have an Apple TV, and Xbox connected to the tv. 

Does this solution fix the issue permanently?

Possibly. If it doesn’t, try disabling the CEC settings on the Apple TV and Xbox.

Turning the CEC settings off the other device won’t allow them to turn the tv on correct?

That’s correct. You’d need to manually deal with selecting the TV input.

It’s unfortunate that there are only very loose standards with respect to CEC cooperation between units. Sometimes the best solution is to insert a CEC blocker for the secondary devices (disc players, games, etc.) because some devices will disable advanced audio if their CEC is turned OFF. 

Appreciate the help but if I’m spending $800+ on a device I would expect that it works properly.

I tried the tips mentioned above and they did not work.

Hi @JayB95 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.