Answered

beam and two sl speakers

• 26 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi all , newbie to Sonos, I’ve finally added two one sl’s to my beam gen 2 for a home cinema set up , now, I don’t really want surround sound while simply watching football or tv which is what’s happening now, is there a simple way of just having my beam on for general tv with no speaker sound?? And press of a button for say watching a movie to put cinema sound back on??? 
   Also the stereo pair if I just want to listen to music through my speakers only??? Do I have to keep going on the app and change all the settings??? I can’t even find how to stop cinema pairing ?? 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 26 November 2022, 23:51

View original

4 replies

If you turn off CEC in the TV’s audio menu, it should revert to the TV speakers.  Note CEC is called different things by different manufacturer’s. 

LG - SIMPLINK

Sony - BRAVIA Sync

Samsung - Anynet+

Visio - HDMI-CEC

Google “manufacturer name” CEC for any others.

To listen to music on just the surrounds, you would need to remove them from the surround configuration.  However, there are settings to set the surrounds to “Full” for music sources, and individual volume control for music/TV, so you can get close to what you wish.  

If you turn off CEC in the TV’s audio menu, it should revert to the TV speakers.  Note CEC is called different things by different manufacturer’s. 

LG - SIMPLINK

Sony - BRAVIA Sync

Samsung - Anynet+

Visio - HDMI-CEC

Google “manufacturer name” CEC for any others.

To listen to music on just the surrounds, you would need to remove them from the surround configuration.  However, there are settings to set the surrounds to “Full” for music sources, and individual volume control for music/TV, so you can get close to what you wish.  

Yes but I want my sound bar for normal tv listening , not tv speakers as they are poor but not the sl speakers for normal tv , in an ideal setting I’d be able to just switch the sl’s on and off when I want to watch a movie or listen to music but I guess that’s not possible unless I switch their power off , turn each one’s volume down or  disconnect surround sound after every movie I watch 

I get that Sonos probably intend the whole system to be used to improve all forms of tv and music viewing all the time but I had kind of seen the cinema experience as a special one to be used as and when I liked easily , like with a simple press of a button 🤷‍♂️

Settings > System > (Room Name) > Surround Audio, turn surrounds off with the switch at the top.

Settings > System > (Room Name) > Surround Audio, turn surrounds off with the switch at the top.

Yes Thankyou , I have maybe been a little to hasty posting lol , watched a couple of YouTube videos and it is as simple as flicking a switch , I am now loving it , first movie with surround switches on…. Gladiator ,… an oldie but boy , superb with Sonos surround