Answered

Beam And Stereo Balance

• 4 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 13 replies

I’ve a reasonable Sonos system consisting of various One’s Move, Playbase, Sub etc. I quite often do a full group play around the house while doing stuff. It’s not that often though I sit in from of my Mac and listen to music on one individual Beam. I had been aware though with YouTube that the sound of definitely around 70/30 to the left in pan. Made more aware of it this evening while listening to some actual music. 

I’ve tried various sources, Mac via hardwired HDMI through a CALDigit TB3 Hub (normal setup)

Tried airplay from my Mac, iPhone, iPad but all with the same pan issue. I do however have a second Beam connected to a TV in one of the bedrooms. Quick swap out and the issue persists.

Double checked the stereo on the Playbase and that’s perfectly down the middle. 

Any advice please?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 April 2024, 01:14

View original

1 reply

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.