Answered

Beam and Apple TV remote paired. Volume down button increases volume

• 17 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi!

Not without problems, I’ve finally paired new Apple TV Remote with my 1st gen. Beam. 

The only problem left is that volume down button is increasing the volume. When paired with different remote everything is fine. Also old Siri Remote worked fine. 

Please help! Surely someone had the same problem!

icon

Best answer by dfarr24 8 January 2023, 21:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @albertbana,

If you’re only having the issue with the Apple TV Remote, then it sounds like an issue with that remote. Apple have a support article for volume button issues that may help, so I’d recommend starting there. If that doesn’t work, it would be best to reach out to Apple to troubleshoot the remote.

I hope this information helps!

it looks like the reply had the right info, but just to help anyone else who comes across this thread with similar issues, rebooting the apple tv remote fixed it for me. All you do is hold down the TV/Control Center button and the volume down button together for 5 seconds. You’ll know you did it right if you get a message on your TV that the remote connection was lost. Then just wait for the message on the TV that the remote has reconnected. Then it all worked properly for me. 

Hope this helps someone!