Answered

Beam and Amp, how to separate Amp to just play music on hardwired speakers?

• 13 July 2023
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I just added a Beam to our tv, we were listening to the TV via the amp and the hardwired ceiling speakers. Now the setup runs through the Beam and that works fine as I added the Amp speakers as surrounds. So far all is well with the tv sound. 

I would also like to play music and when I tried it it played through the Beam with no ceiling speaker sound which is not what I want. 

How do I play the amp speakers on their own without the Beam? I have looked through all the settings and can’t seem to find my way. 

icon

Best answer by mmfw 13 July 2023, 18:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

When the Amp is connected to the Beam as surrounds, you cannot just play music to the Amp only. It has to be played through both the Beam and Amp. The only way to play music to the Amp only is to remove it as surrounds from the Beam.

FYI… if you change the Music Playback setting under the Beam’s Surround Audio settings to FULL, you will get full stereo playback from both the Beam and Amp speakers when streaming music.

Thank you Guitar, 

I just removed the ceiling speakers as surrounds. I changed the Amp name to Office. When I browse music the only option is to use TV Beam? 

Amp is not showing up as an option to choose when playing music? Is there a way to get Amp to show up when browsing music? 

I figured it out and now it is working as I would like. The control for the amp speakers happens when you touch the volume control. 

The Amp speakers and the Beam sound volumes can be controlled separately. I like it! 

Thank you, problems resolved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Did you add the Amp to existing system or to a new system?

Or 

Is your music coming from the tv? If so, group the Office with the tv. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Did you add the Amp to existing system or to a new system?

Or 

Is your music coming from the tv? If so, group the Office with the tv. 

Edit to add: you typed faster than me