Skip to main content
Answered

Beam

• 9 June 2023
  • 1 reply

My son bought the beam and 2 stand alone 1 speakers 

TCL TV

Always could control vol using my DTV remote and speakers are not set up as surround so the tv beam n family n kitchen speakers play same program on tv

Speakers stopped working 

Reset surround which I did not like but DTV remote still worked the volume 

Tonight I called SONOS again to make speakers repeat what tv beam is doing

did not check DTV Volume but now it will not regulate the volume as it has always done

turned tv off to try and reset

no luck

called SONOS a waste of time 

Hope someone can help me get back my DTV Volume control  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mama Jen 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear that we were unable to help when you called - I can see that an attempt to reprogram your son’s Beam to accept the remote’s commands failed.

I would therefore ask you to ensure that the remote still works to control the device it is intended to control, to ensure that the batteries are still good.

Please also unplug the Beam from power for a moment, then plug back in. The Beam’s light will flash white while it is getting ready, then either go steady or off, depending on your settings, when it is ready.

Once the Beam is ready, please try reprogramming the remote once more: Settings » System » [room with Beam] » Remote Control Setup and follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope this helps.