Answered

Beam 2 randomly going to "sleep" mode

• 12 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have a Beam 2 with 2x SLs and a SUB connected to my Samsung TV via eArc. This setup worked well for a few weeks, but then the system started randomly cutting sound and connecting to the internal TV speaker for about 5 seconds. Then switching back. This can happen between one time per day to about once every five minutes, rendering the system useless.

I have tried multiple things for weeks:

The issue also occurs when streaming through the TV internal netflix app, not only when watching HDMI from my set top box - The issue seems not to have anything to do with the set top box.

I have connected to the optical port on the TV instead of the eArc - No change

I have connected to the optical port on the set top box - No change

I have also tried basically all settings available on the TV and on the Sonos. Updated everything yesterday (March 11, 2022) - No change.

I have run the system on Ethernet cable or Wifi - No change

My conclusion is that the beam just goes into some sleep mode for an unknown cause not related to anything else in the setup. During the short sleep, the white LED on the top starts blinking.

Please help.

Regards

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 12 March 2022, 11:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The white light flashing status LED is often the case that the Beam is rebooting and trying to acquire an IP address from your router. I’m just wondering why it is rebooting? ..

My first suggestion is to simply try another HEAC supported HDMI cable between the Beam. Another thing that’s worth doing is to change your Router/SonosNet wireless channel (depending on which type of connection your are currently using)? If using SonosNet, then ensure the channel is set at least 5 channels away from your chosen router channel. If on the other hand the Beam is wired to the router, then try a different Ethernet cable.

Hello, 

Thanks for the response. Even though I had stated that I had tried “all” setting in the app, I hadn’t tried changing Sonos channel. I did this and the system is stable for the last 36 hours. Thanks!

As a comment, it might be good to do a software upgrade anyway. If the IP is lost, why does this interupt the stream of sound from the eARC? This could be something to consider.

Regards

-Stefan