Question

Beam 2 continuous flashing white light, product not showing on app

• 11 June 2024
  • 9 replies

I've had my Beam 2 with a sub mini connected since Nov 2023, connected to Samsung TV with arc hdmi. No issues at all up until now. 

Came to watch TV this afternoon, LED on Beam 2 continuous flashing white, sound coming from TV speakers and not Beam 2. 

Went to Sonos app to troubleshoot, product not found in app.

Tried multiple reboots of Beam 2 with and without sub mini plugged in, still get continuous white flashing LED.

Era 100 working fine on same network. 

Tried ethernet cable reboot, no change, still get continuous flashing white LED on Beam 2.

Any ideas? 

Many thanks, 

Rich

9 replies

SAME!! My beam and mini sub was gone off the new updated App and white led blinking without allowing me to reset!! I noticed it last night! No matter how I try to rest set it will not do anything..  now I have to get on the phone with tech support and figure this out. Crazy part is I sell this product to my customers. Hope to find a simple fix. 

Did you have any luck with this? 

I'm currently in the call queue (approx 100 minute wait!!!) for tech support....

I did the chat at work then followed up with a chat when I got home. I didn’t have the serial number. But it was easy to do that way then wait on hold. It was in warranty and sent mine off Friday. Should have replacement sent back soon. 

Hi,

I had to send mine back too.

Received the replacement, opened the box and it has the wrong power cable (European 2-pin instead of UK 3-pin)….

On the phone to Tech Support again, it is becoming my new favourite hobby!

Hope yours is sorted.

Same same.  Tried every option presented on SONOS support and community to remedy the problem.  No luck.  No fix.  Flashing white light forever.  

Not going to waste my time with SONOS tech support.  Returning it now.  

Fortunately, I bought mine at Costco 6 months ago.  Return/exchange easily done.  

I wonder how many returns SONOS will have to process before finding a way to prevent/fix this software update problem.  First time I’ve had to return any of my Sonos components.  Hope it’s the last.  

Hello, 

approximatively same thing here: the beam (2nd gen) is showing a fix white, and can’t do a thing. Control is not working. Tried multiple reset and intial setup with no success. 
on my others One speakears, here white led flashing, but can’t do a thing… 

ill try to contact support. 
this is annoying…

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Same here

Beam V2 is bricked

Sonos? Hello?

I am a new customer.. First sonos products. Beam 2 and sub woofer...8 hours trying to set up. Android  app never worked properly. Tried three different devices.. Different wifi networks.. Factory resets etc.. No luck. Could not discover devices or update firmware. Devices rendered useless. . So annoying..imagine as a first time user.. Brought back to shop in Dublin in a rage. Money back straight away. No questions. They knew all along.. All I can say is.. Dump this silly company. 

Let’s take a step back, I’m using 9 Sonos speakers in My home since 7 years, never had any issue. 
Indeed, since the new app, it’s kinda different, some bugs appeared, but nothing blocking at any point. 
so for me, this is the first real issue. I’ll continue to think these a great products, with really cool features, and good support. 

speaking about support, I’ve been with someone from support for 1 hour and a half. She was pretty embarrassed because we’ve tried so many things, with no success. Almost my all 9 speakers are not working anymore… 

iam going a few days on vacation, so we’ll see at my return if any issue at Sonos level have been fixed or if any updates will be available on the speakers, and we’ll check with support level 3. 
only remaining test: reset the entire configuration…

I’let you know in a few days! Until then, keep up 👍🏻😊