Skip to main content
Question

Beam 2 cannot be added to System tab

• 27 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a Sonos Beam 2 that cannot be added to the system after changing to a new router (Netgear RAX36S), no success after multiple reset and re-setup.

I have two separate SSIDs for 2.4gHz and 5gHz that work fine for other products. I am using a iphone ios 17.4.1 and Sonos app 80.01.11, no mesh and Beam is only few meters from router.

Here are what i have done:

• 2.4ghz channel changed to channel 6
  • disabled “Enable AX”, enabled 20/40 coexistence
  • Chose WAP2-personal
  • tried to use two passwords for 2.4ghz and 5ghz (not working and i had no problem from old router)
  • no guest network
  • factory reset Beam
  • deleted Sonos apps and setup again
  • reset app and setup again
  • tried setup using ethernet cable but the chime thing not working so that i gave up and go back to Wifi setup

Here are the symptoms:

• Sonos app could detect Beam, successfully connected
  • Sonos app could see and join Wifi
  • Adding Beam 2 to system took long time
  • Every time it showed the Beam has been added but not in system tab, try to unplug to finish setup (tried but not working)
  • Of course, the app shows not connected after each setup and product cannot be added for a second time as Beam can no longer be found
  • Beam 2 can be airplay but is an unnamed room
  •  
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have same issue did this get resolved?

I suspected it was the new sonos app issue. I deleted the app and re-installed for few times, kept resetting and reset-up the BEAM (although it was already the newest version). Finally in one try, during the set up of BEAM, the app pop up and said the True Play required an update. After updating, everything worked fine following in app set up. 

It was a disaster, i am surprised someone still got the issue. That means the true causes has not been solved by Sonos.

Good luck.