Awol Vision 3000 UST / arc / arcana

• 18 December 2023
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hello, 

Hoping someone could point me in the right direction, it may be more an arcana problem rather than sonos.

I had a samsung TV with arc, sub & play 1’s and had atmos through the arcana. Sky TV used TV HDMI1 , hdmi arc went to the arcana, and my HDMI in was a 4K player. All worked fantastically. Until I swopped the TV for an AWOL 3000 UST projector. I used the same cabling, just swopped the projector for the TV. But, now I can’t get any sound through the arc from the projector (sky, netflix or USB) but I can get atmos from the 4K player.

I cabled directly from the projector HDMI arc to Sonos eARc , removing arcana from the setup, and I have sound, getting atmos, from Sky (pcm) , Netflix from firestick, and USB. But with this setup I don’t have a connection for my 4K player.  

So I believe my issue is with the arcana. When I try configure room setup using the sonos app, it errors on either CEC not enabled or point to the HDMI cables. CEC is enabled & I don’t believe it is cables as again, as I have sound when not going through the arcana. 

I have installed the latest arcana FW (v87), banged my head against the wall, cried, but I can’t figure out what is the issue. Has anyone any ideas on why no sound from projector through the arcana ?

Tks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Since the projector is equipped with eARC, do you still even need the Arcana?

Hi GuitarSuperstar,

Good point, my problem is that the projector has 2 HMDI ports (I use for sky TV & firestick) but I need a 3rd for player. So the arcana gave me this 3rd port, which  is why I want to replicate what I had.

The hdmi arc port on the projector is labelled arc rather than e-arc so I was  surprised to get atmos from it.

Userlevel 7

Perform a factory reset of the Arcana. Confirm the 0.87 firmware is still installed. Then connect the Arcana to the projector but keep the Blu-ray player disconnected from the Arcana. Make sure CEC is enabled in the projector’s settings and run TV Setup in the Sonos app under the Arc’s settings. After the Arc has been successfully connected to the projector, connect the Blu-ray player to the Arcana and test again.

If this doesn’t work, consider adding an HDMI switch to the projector so you can connect more devices. The ROOFULL switch from Amazon works well.

Thank you. I will try that.