Awesome device for using Sonos with a projector

• 7 April 2024
  • 4 replies

If you still have trouble using Sonos with a projector, I strongly recommend Orei HDA-934 (https://www.orei.com/collections/new-arrival/products/4k-hdmi-audio-extractor-switch-with-earc-and-edid-management-hda-934). It is only $100. I have Sonos Arc, AMP, and they work perfectly. It supports Dolby Atmos and I have tested on my Apple TV, Xbox, and PS5. More importantly, it supports multiple HDMI inputs. Strongly recommend!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @feiyukong, welcome to Sonos Community!

I am glad you got your Sonos system working with a projector using an audio extractor switch.

Thank you for sharing your experience and recommendation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Reviews are mixed on Amazon but at that price it seems worth a shot, thanks.

The only downside of Orei HDA-934 is that it cannot go 120Hz. However, if you are using a projector, then very few of them can go high up to 120Hz. Therefore, this is not a problem (at least for me).

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Interesting… the Orei exactly looks like the FeinTech VAX04101. As FeinTech (German manufacturer) developed the device but doesn’t deliver to the US I suppose they let their product be produced and sold in licence for the US market.