Skip to main content

Hi I have a Samsung x90 TV with straight fibre 500mbps internet and am plugged via HDMI into my Sonos arc with a sub and two era 300s. 

all my online streaming shows have the audio skipping in and out. Every 10 seconds or so. Sometimes every 5 seconds sometimes every 30 seconds. It’s definitely a speaker issue as I unplugged the Arc and the sound is fine from the tv speakers. 

I don’t know what it could be? My network is very strong. A loose cable? Please help!

Which services are you playing? Which audio format is being sent to ARC? Describe your network for us.

HD Netflix with everything enabled. Atmos, 4K hdr. Newer shows with all the features like drive to survive. 

The SONOS controller indicates which formats it is dealing with. Does this indication change before or after a sound loss? As an experiment, back off on the formats sent to ARC. (IE, lower resolution).

Hi it always says Dolby Atmos for these specific shows. 

Hi @Natescavich, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Does the skipping only occur with TV audio or do you also experience it when streaming music? If it’s TV only, I’d suggest trying a different HDMI cable if you haven’t already.

With how easy this seems to be for you to replicate, the best way to see what’s causing the issue, would be to generate a diagnostics then reach out to our support team with the reference number for further troubleshooting. They have the necessary tools available to look into your system and help resolve this issue.

I hope this helps!

Not using an Apple TV here are you? If so, disable frame matching.