Answered

Audio Delay

• 8 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I am losing the will to live now as I have tried various recommended audio extractor boxes and am still having a audio delay through my speaker system. 

I am trying to use a projector with my Sonos system but my audio is way behind and cant seem to find anything to sort this issue.

I did have a little success with connecting my amp to a sky multi box (through the ARC HDMI) however this isn't very practical but at least it worked. I am really hoping someone can help as after spending a considerable amount on the amp plus ceiling speakers I would love to get a solution.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 8 March 2023, 15:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You definitely will need to use the HDMI-ARC connection to avoid delay.  The RCA line inputs are not designed for use with a TV or projector and will add delay to meet multiroom audio requirements.   You can also use the optical to HDMI-ARC dongle that Sonos sells if an optical connection will work better for you.