arc with ERA 300 for surround in a vaulted room

• 7 March 2024
  • 3 replies

We are buying a house with a large living room with vaulted ceiling. I am wondering if the placement of the arc bar where the red rectangle and ERAs where the blue squares would work. The house is not completed yet so I don’t have all the specs of room size or furniture. I would love to get the height effect from the atmos and fill the room when watching movies and sports.  The arc will be paired with a 70 in LG OLED  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Pclaunch, welcome to Sonos Community!

Congratulations on your new house! 🙂

Looking at the photograph, I must say that above the soundbar and sitting position the ceiling is at a pretty big height. I’m not able to guarantee that the height channels of the Sonos Arc would be as effective, never mind the existing angle that would probably bounce on the left and right side of the room. That shouldn’t discourage you though, with some audio adjustment via the Sonos App, you might enjoy the result.

You would probably need to change height audio settings and also, if an iOS device is available, Trueplay tuning your system would also help.

If you haven’t purchased the Sonos Home Theatre setup yet, I would recommend doing so directly from Sonos, in case you are not satisfied with the final outcome, you can take advantage of our return policy.

I hope this helps.

Hello @Pclaunch, welcome to Sonos Community!

Congratulations on your new house! 🙂

Looking at the photograph, I must say that above the soundbar and sitting position the ceiling is at a pretty big height. I’m not able to guarantee that the height channels of the Sonos Arc would be as effective, never mind the existing angle that would probably bounce on the left and right side of the room. That shouldn’t discourage you though, with some audio adjustment via the Sonos App, you might enjoy the result.

You would probably need to change height audio settings and also, if an iOS device is available, Trueplay tuning your system would also help.

If you haven’t purchased the Sonos Home Theatre setup yet, I would recommend doing so directly from Sonos, in case you are not satisfied with the final outcome, you can take advantage of our return policy.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the response!  The house will be done in May so I will be purchasing equipment then.  I do plan to go directly through y’all so that returns can be made if it does not sound right.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

That sized room probably calls for two Subs.

Worst case return the Sonos that you can’t use in other rooms and add a high powered multi-channel AVR system that can drive multiple surround and height speakers. Add in a Sonos Port to feed it your streaming audio sources and tie it together wit your other rooms.