Answered

Arc surround speaker

• 13 May 2023
  • 5 replies

I would like to place my sonos arc inside a tv cabinet that has a niche. If I add Sonos One to make the surround, the side speakers of the sonos arc (the ones that would be used to recreate the surround) would stop working, therefore not creating problems if I insert the speaker inside the niche or would the sound still bounce?

icon

Best answer by buzz 14 May 2023, 13:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Adding a pair of Sonos Ones as surrounds does not turn off those speakers, to my knowledge. In fact, I don’t know that there is any setup in which those speakers can be turned off. Maybe with a simple Stereo input to the Arc, I’ve never tested that. But then you’re not utilizing the Arc to its design. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Could make an extends shelf for the niche that moved the Arc out to the point that the right/left and height speakers would work properly?

If space is tight you could set it up on slides so you could push it back in the niche when not in use.

I also recommend a pull-out slide.

Thanks! 

In your opinion, if I used the beam soundbar, which is smaller and the surround speakers are positioned at 45 degrees, could I solve the problem given that?

(without edit the cabinet)

“Better” perhaps, but I don’t recommend positioning a surround soundbar in a confined space.