Skip to main content
Answered

Arc + Sub both connected but no sound from sub

• 13 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hey guys,

I just set up my brand new Arc + Sub in my living room, but I am getting no sound from my sub at all. 

Both the Arc + Sub show as connected, and I can slide the “Sub Level” bar in my app, but nothing is coming from the sub. The light on the back is also a solid white. 

Everything is connected to my Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi Mesh system (router + 2 satellites). I think the model is a RBR750. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Diagnostic No: 192183842

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @00Esq,

I’ve taken a look at your diagnostic, but don’t see anything immediately concerning with it. I’m aware that there was an issue pertaining to music streaming to bonded and grouped players that was resolved a year or so ago, but it’s possible that your Orbi system may not be on the updated firmware. Please check that all of your Orbi units (router and both satellites) are up-to-date and on the latest firmware. The fix for the issue I’m referring to was resolved in version 2.5.1.x so anything higher than that should work great.

If they are up to date, and still not working, are you able to temporarily wire the Arc to your router with an Ethernet cable? If so, does this cause the Sub to start playing?

Let me know how you get on.