Answered

ARC sound/volume drop out - intermittent

• 22 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Recently I have noticed the volume drop on my Arc setup. It is for a few seconds only and the sound drops to barely audible (it does not cut out completely)

In the last few weeks it has become increasingly more frequent in occurence. 

It happens either when the input is just regular TV or from a HDMI input from a n AppleTV

local button control is disabled

I dumped a diagnostic event once it happened this evening : 2071955409

Any help would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 January 2024, 22:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure CEC is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect the Apple TV to the TV.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks

I will give that a try and wait to see if it works. 

Did the solution work? I seem to have a similar situation. Recently the sound started intermittantly dropping off for about 2 seconds then comes back on. I have an Arc SL and 2 One SL speakers.

Badge

I had this problem, I disabled sonos voice commands and no more problems since.