Answered

Arc Sound Quality

• 26 October 2023
  • 9 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Is it me or does the arc sound hollow/metallic? Some sounds like waterfall or rain sounds hollow. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 October 2023, 11:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Are you asking about the Arc, in your thread title, or the Amp, in your tags?

What source are you playing? Both of my Arcs sound fine, from both TV and streaming music. 

Im using the ARC on my TV. Streaming and playing xbox. Also when i switch from Dolby formats to stereo it sounds a little better on the console.

Userlevel 7

What model TV do you have? Have you performed Trueplay tuning and adjusted the EQ settings?

Sony Bravia X90K and i did trueplay and tried lowering treble. Thinking about getting Beam 2 heard great things about it

Userlevel 7

Make sure the TV is set to these settings:

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

On the Xbox, HDMI Audio should be set to 5.1 uncompressed or Dolby Digital for non-Dolby Atmos content and gaming. Change the setting to Dolby Atmos for home theater for all Dolby Atmos content. Enable Allow passthrough.

Tried that as well but no luck

Maybe the Arc is too big for my small room probably wont hear this issue from further away

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I doubt room size is an issue with the overall sound.

I have an Arc and Beam Gen 1s and I’d never consider replacing the Arc with a Beam. I wouldn’t mind replacing my Beam in my 10x10 office with an Arc if I could figure out how to fit it in. And of course avoid the spouse killing me for adding another Sonos. :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Th0mas 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.