Answered

Arc SL and Sony A8H - No sound

• 15 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

I have an A8H that works with ARC on my Denon 4300, just put a an Arc SL in place as I’m moving the Denon to a dedicated theater.  

I’ve unplugged everything but the ARC from the A8H and have yet to hear any sound out of the Arc via the TV ( I did proof of life with Spotify), every time I get to the testing phase the Arc says “Audi System Not Connected”.  I switched from my HDMI cables to the ones that come with the Sonos, I’ve powered everything off and unplugged, called Sonos support who walked me thru the same things I had already done and suggested I call Sony (that was a short call when I mentioned the Denon works on arc like a champ).

Arc and TV are connected to WiFi, WiFi is Ubiquiti networks.

Any Ideas?

icon

Best answer by KarmaBiker 17 July 2021, 01:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Be sure Bravia Sync (CEC) is enabled on your TV. Disconnect the Arc and any other device from the TV. Unplug the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes. Plug them both back in, but keep the Arc and other devices disconnected. Run the TV Setup process in the Sonos app and connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI eARC port (HDMI 3) when the app instructs you to. When the Arc is working, connect your other devices to the TV.

On your TV’s settings, make sure that Speakers is set to 'Audio System', then set eARC to 'Auto', Digital Audio Out to 'Auto 1', and set Passthrough to 'Auto’.

Badge

I did all of these things on my own and on the phone with Sonos support.  Other ideas?

Userlevel 7

Do you have the latest firmware installed on your TV? Are you 100% sure the HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI eARC/ARC port on your TV?

Badge

Do you have the latest firmware installed on your TV? Are you 100% sure the HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI eARC/ARC port on your TV?

Yes and Yes.  The TV sees the sonos and says “switching to external speakers”.  

EDIT: I should add that if I move the HDMI cable from the Sonos to my Denon the TV outputs audio to it via ARC.

Userlevel 7

Have you tried disabling eARC in your TV’s settings and redoing the setup process mentioned above?

Badge

Have you tried disabling eARC in your TV’s settings and redoing the setup process mentioned above?

Yes

Badge

Got it sorted.  Had to change the output to PCM.

Userlevel 7

Got it sorted.  Had to change the output to PCM.

With this setting, are you getting multichannel PCM or just stereo PCM audio?

Badge

Ok bizarre … was stereo PCM.  Flipped it to auto and all is well - getting Dolby flavors that are appropriate for the content.