Answered

ARC Placement Above TV

• 8 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Due to power & ethernet access, I want to place the Arc on the shelf above the TV. That shelf height is about 8feet. The back sofa is about 12feet from the TV. The room is 20feet x 20feet. Will Arc be good in this configuration?  Will probably add Sub+2xEra later. Thanks!  ps/I am replacing 20-year-old Bose Lifestyle 50 :).

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 8 September 2023, 20:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It won’t sound as good as it would if perfectly placed but it should sound pretty decent.

How high is the ceiling there?

20 feet is a bit far too.

You’d see the same or worse from similar soundbars too. For odd rooms a multichannel (7, 9 or more) AVR is often the best solution, feed it with a Port to get your Sonos audio playing.

Thanks very much, Stanley_4. It’s a cathedral ceiling that peaks at 5feet above the shelf where the Arc would be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sounds like it is pushing the distance for the Atmos sound too, although being that high would be better than below the TV.

Have you considered some high quality but small bookshelf speakers and a Sonos Amp instead of the Arc? Maybe placed on the shelves beside the TV instead of high on that shelf? I’d really lean that direction myself given your room size, height and seating distances.