Skip to main content

Arc or Beam with…….

• 13 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I have seen many Arc vs Beam threads but not one that answers my particular question.

i already have a pair of ones and only want to spend around the £800 mark.

So it comes down to is the arc with ones better than the beam with ones and sub mini. I can find loads on the arc v beam and sub mini but nothing that includes the surrounds.

There is also the caveat that my 65” tv has a wall at one side as I am in a back to back terrace which won’t allow the recommended distance for the arc but will for the beam.

Having never had a soundbar will this mismatch side wall distance render them both a bit useless. The arc would be 22cm one side and about 2m the other. 

Originally I wanted the amp but due to new furniture and layout the bookshelf’s no longer have a place!

It is very difficult to demo my room layout and I have only ever had ones so any advice appreciated. Music is equally as important as movies and I have listened to the soundbars and subs but in huge environments where it is impossible to pass judgement.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I have both the Beam and Arc and I find the wider Arc gives me a better stereo image.

Adding a Sub-Mini would be a nice improvement to the Beam and depending on your program material and room might sound better over-all than the Arc alone.

Without seeing your room I can’t really give you a great answer, both are going to sound pretty good, all depends on your priorities.