Answered

arc mic keeps turning off

• 27 November 2023
  • 1 reply

So just got my arc setup. Love it. However, the mic will turn off after being turned on for some period of time (haven’t timed it but no more than 30ish minutes).

I have Alexa enabled as a voice assistant as well as Sonos voice assistant. I turn the mic on and it works fine, but then after some time of listening to music or playing TV audio the mic turns itself off. I have to physically turn the mic back on and it will do it all over again.

Any ideas before I call support?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 27 November 2023, 15:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Susenstoob, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Before you call in, you could follow our cleaning guide as the touch capacitive buttons can be sensitive to dirt or dust.

Calling in however would be the best option as, with a diagnostics, our team can see what caused the microphone to mute. I would recommend the next time this issue occurs, you submit a diagnostics in the Sonos App then reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting.

I hope this helps!